Downtown Roman Catholic Parish
The Downtown Roman Catholic Parish (DRCP) Building is a 12,000 sf facility located at 801 W. Burnside in Portland. The building was constructed as a hotel in 1906 and was converted to a parish in the 1950s. The central boiler plant for the facility consists of (1) 1200 MBH Burnham steam boiler. This boiler was installed in 2000 and a central air distribution system is served by a single Pace multizone air handling unit. MSE evaluated the following energy efficient measures for the facility:
· Install DDC controls to control HVAC system (AHU-1, EF-1, HWP-1, CWP-1, CU-1, and CT-1)
· Install VSD and premium efficiency motor on cooling tower
· Remove domestic hot water system from central boiler and install separate high efficiency (92%) tankless hot water heater to provide domestic hot water.
· Install CO2 demand control for ventilation system (will require the installation of EEM-1)
· Install VSD on AHU-1 supply fan.
Willamette View Retirement Center